Sunday, April 4, 2010
Bracket (finally) Busted
Last night I officially tore up my bracket. Many probably tore theirs up weeks ago (I'm looking at you, Kansas pickers), but I was in it until the end.
In my work bracket pool, I was one of only two people to get more than 1 final four teams correct. I had a whopping two, with West Virginia vs. Duke correctly picked.
So there I am, one game left and if West Virginia wins I win a bracket for the first time ever (as well as a little bit of cash but shh). If Duke wins, then the other person with two final four teams wins the bracket.
It's in the bag, I thought. West Virginia is too athletic, plays great defense, and is hot. Duke has a lot of shooters who could very well go cold. Duke didn't go cold, West Virginia lost by 20+, and that was all she wrote.
I should make it clear I hate losing, I wouldn't say I'm a sore loser, but coming in second will sting whenever I think of this tournament now. Next year when I try again, I'll probably have to win a 96 team bracket, as if 64 was not hard enough.
West Virginia didn't even make me think I would ever win last night, either. They were outplayed, out shot, out everythinged, Duke was a decisively better team. Not to mention the fact that one of their best players blew out his ACL and the national viewing audience was treated to a very touching moment where West Virginia coach Bob Huggins consoled him on the court.
So that's that, the NCAA tournament had me almost right up until the end. Guess there is always next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment