Monday, March 29, 2010

Fighting Maureen Dowd

I think if I ever met Maureen Dowd, it would end in a fist fight.

It would be like a self proclaimed alpha male vs. an anointed alpha female.  There is no doubt that she is talented, maybe the most talented columnist in America. Her use of language, the way she constructs sentences, the weaving of humor, sarcasm, and thought provoking statements all make for incredible works of journalism.

Her exploitation of her talents, combined with her "woman in man's world" demeanor, have propelled her to the spotlight, a spotlight she claims to not want.  Well, Ms. Dowd, you have it, you know you have it, you're using it, so don't lie to me.

She claims to not be a feminist, yet her Pulitzer Prize winning columns, while angled at Wild Bill Clinton and the sex scandal, seemed to be her voice about stupid men everywhere.  Her book "Are Men Necessary" goes along the same lines, so forgive me if I were to think she was on a crusade against men.

While I cannot quite figure out if I full on hate MoDo or not, I'm pretty sure if there was a fight between her and I, she'd probably win.

No comments:

Post a Comment