Let's assume I didn't know Chris Dodd already announced plans to not run for re-election, and I was left wondering whether or not recent information about his loan history would effect his re-election plans.
Now that we've established that, I think that maybe Dodd is getting a raw deal in the Countrywide Financial fiasco. Robert Feinberg can go on CNBC and say whatever he wants about the V.I.P.'s of Countrywide Financial, but to say something such as Dodd saved $75,000 and not be able to back that up is something different entirely.
I'm getting my information from The Huffington Post, a notoriously liberal website that would, of course, support a Democrat, but at least they are providing evidence into what they are saying. They crunched the numbers, checked sources, and ended up determining that while Dodd could have saved some money, it was well below the $75,000 claim that Feinberg said. The saved money the author pegged to Dodd was more along the $1500 - $3000 range, numbers they say are even questionable.
So Dodd has been effected by a scandal, many involved in politics usually somehow find themselves embroiled in such things, whether the scandal be about them or they're sounding off about another person's scandal. Either way, Dodd is in the middle of something that maybe he does not need to be, and odds are the effect on the future of his political career will not be good.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment