For some reason or another, I always find myself surrounded by Republicans. Most of my friends claim to be Republican, and most say that Obama is doing a terrible job, and that the healthcare bill is socialist. Some Republicans representatives cried socialism, yet I’m still trying to figure out how.
Apparently they overlook the benefits of the near universal healthcare bill and write everything off as “socialism.” I’ll just chime in that most of my friends, and most of the people who are recent college
graduates, are still struggling to find careers, and as far as I know part-time jobs don’t exactly provide benefits. The fact that this bill will extend children’s coverage under their parents to the age of 26 might help a little.
Maybe someone gets unlucky and gets an illness that, before this bill, would prevent them from health coverage. Pure socialism, obviously.
I applaud the passing of the healthcare bill, and would like to say to Mr. Boehner, and the rest of the Republican representatives, shame on you, not us.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment